Filipinos have a massive appetite for gambling, and it is why the gambling industry in the Philippines has grown at a massive scale in the past years and become a billion-dollar industry. The country’s betting landscape is rampant with offshore sportsbooks and online casinos that cater to a growing betting community.
While the trend of online gambling continues to become popular, the laws surrounding it are confusing and have grey areas. For the locals, this lack of clarity works in their favour, and they can easily wager at the best online sportsbooks available.
This article offers a helpful guide on the aspects of betting online in the Philippines, including where you can place wagers and how you can go about the process.
Where to bet in the Philippines
Thanks to the rapid advancement in technology, and expanding Asian sports betting markets, online betting in The Philippines has never been easier. There is a vast array of options in terms of betting platforms that you can explore and compare across the board to gain maximum leverage. These sites offer lucrative bonuses, promotional offers, cashback, and discounts and feature a wide range of sports to choose from.
So, here is our pick of the top betting sites available for betting in the Philippines.
1XBet: A top betting site operating worldwide that offers a wide range of sports. The platform offers a deposit bonus of up to 5600 PHP.
22Bet: Widely available in various Asian countries, offering a welcome bonus of up to 7500 PHP.
GGBet: An offshore betting site that features all the popular sports and major sporting events. You can get a 100% welcome bonus of up to €100.
BK8: A top Asian betting platform accessible in the Philippines as well. You can get a welcome bonus of 100% up to $100.
Melbet: This is a popular option among local bettors with its wide range of pre-match and live betting options and more than 50 different kinds of payment methods. You can get a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to 5600 PHP.
Betvisa: Offers competitive odds for all the prominent sports and their major tournaments. You can also pay with cryptocurrency. Betvisa offers a welcome bonus of up to 500 PHP.
Plae8: This is a top site for betting on football or basketball. You can get a welcome bonus of 250% up to 3,000 PHP.
20Bet: A popular European site catering to markets in Asia as well. You can get a sports welcome bonus of 100% up to €100.
AW8: An Australian-based betting platform catering to various Asian betting communities. Sports bettors are offered a welcome bonus of 100% up to 30,000 PHP.
ShangriLa: Offers a welcome deposit bonus of 100% up to 5700 PHP.
Megapari: A Curacao-licensed betting site operating in over 100 countries, including many Asian countries. It offers a bonus of up to 7020 PHP.
How to bet on sports in the Philippines
The process of placing sporting wagers in the Philippines is no different from anywhere else in the world. Here is a step-by-step process of what you need to do.
- Find a trusting online sports betting site where you can wager in the Philippines. There are many online bookmakers available that you can pick from. We have offered a few recommendations earlier.
- You will need to register and make an account at your preferred betting site. You must be at least 18 years of age to be able to register. You will also need to provide pertinent details, including your name, contact details, etc. You will also need to provide your payment details and link your account to be able to make deposits for funding your wagers and withdrawing your settlement against the bets.
- Once you have registered, get your welcome bonus. Most sites require users to deposit before they can avail the bonus. There are also terms and conditions attached to the welcome bonus, so you must go through them and ensure compliance before using it.
- Now find a sporting event to bet on. Depending on the site layout, you will find sports categorised in the form of lists. The major events where betting is hot are showcased in the centre of the sports betting section.
- Your options for betting depend on what the bookmaker offers. Some sites offer pre-match betting, while others offer live betting as well. You can pick according to your preference. You also have to consider the type of bet you want to place, depending on the sport you are betting on and your betting experience.
- Check the featured odds before moving on. You can also compare odds across various betting markets before making up your mind.
- If the odds are acceptable, place your bet and finalise the process by entering the requisite details.
If you win the bet, the winnings will be credited to your betting account, and you can withdraw the winning amount to your account via one of the featured withdrawal options.
Which sports to bet on in the Philippines
Like their Asian counterparts, bettors in the Philippines have a wide range of options in terms of sports and sporting events. From major tournaments to league events, you have an overwhelming choice to pick from. The most popular sports for betting include boxing, basketball, football, tennis, and volleyball, among others.
If it is your first time placing a bet, you must choose a credible site that offers a safe betting experience with genuine payouts. You must also consider the bonuses, promotions, and discounts featured on these sites and ensure they do not come with stringent terms and conditions.