The popularity of college basketball across US territory is unquestionable, but knowing how to approach basketball betting properly is a whole different ordeal.
In this article, we’ll present you a complete beginner’s guide to college basketball betting. Becoming a master NCAA strategist takes time, but this is the best place to get started!
NCAA Betting Essentials
College basketball betting involves placing wagers on various aspects of college basketball games, ranging from individual game outcomes to specific player performances. Understanding the basics is crucial if you’re looking to engage in NCAA betting.
Most Common Types of College Basketball Bets
First, let’s take a look at the most common types of bets that you’ll find as options in the world’s most reliable sportsbook.
- Point Spread: Betting on the margin of victory. You’re betting for the favorite team must win by a specified number of points, while the underdog team must lose by fewer points or win outright.
- Moneyline: These are bets that are made on the winner, regardless of the points. The odds are assigned to each team by the sportsbook – betting on the favorite to win pays less than betting on the underdog.
- Over/Under: Betting on the total combined score of both teams. The sportsbook sets a predicted total, and bettors can wager on whether the final score will be over or under that number.
- Futures: These are bets made on long-term outcomes like conference championships or the NCAA tournament winner. Bets can be placed many months in advance of the culmination of an event.
- Prop Bets: Betting on specific events within a game, such as player performances, total points scored in a half, or even the outcome of the opening tip-off.
You may also read this guide to fixed betting if you want a more thorough understanding of how these bets work.
College Basketball Betting Tips & Must-Know Facts
The best way to approach college basketball betting is by understanding basic tips that will help you formulate your own [hopefully successful] strategies. These are the most useful college basketball fundamental tips:
- Research team performance and adjust accordingly. Take into consideration home and away records, the team’s recent form, and head-to-head matchups against upcoming rivals when planning short-term strategies.
- Consider individual performances and statistics. Player performance is important when betting on the team, and even more important when betting on specific individual events to happen, such as the total number of rebounds or shots that a player will have during a game. Study the player’s season scoring averages, rebounds, assists, and shooting percentages to understand their impact on the game.
- See how the coaches approach each game. Evaluate coaching styles, game plans, and adjustments made during critical moments to gain insights into a team’s strengths and weaknesses. Compare them with those of upcoming rivals and make a more informed decision!
- Look at a team’s recent form: Consider factors like team motivation, as well as recent wins or losses. Form plays a major role in sports betting.
- Learn to properly manage your bankroll. We recommend creating a budget and sticking to it. Don’t increase the amount of money that you’re willing to bet after a loss, and only place wagers that are worth a fraction of your budget. Never wager it all on a single bet.
How to Find a Good Sportsbook
The most important part of sports betting is coming across a reliable sportsbook to which you can safely commit your money. It’s essential to find sportsbooks that have a series of attributes that ensure to you that they function well and are free of any issues. These are some of the features that a top-class sportsbook should have:
- A license to operate, provided by a reputable gambling authority.
- Good odds. Some sportsbooks like to offer unfavorable odds that make them sites that are better off not being visited.
- A solid selection of betting options and betting types. Some casinos cover the NCAA but don’t offer enough betting options and markets to make them worth it – especially with the vast array of casinos that offer sportsbooks.
Choose a Reliable Sportsbook and Bet On the NCAA
You know the basics; now, it’s time to choose a reliable online gambling site and start putting these tips into practice. Remember to pick an online site that is licensed in your location and that accepts players from your region and build a bankroll before you begin playing.
You can also check BettingGods tipsters if you’re looking for expert advice on how to spend your money more wisely. You can visit The Casino Wizard if you’re looking for online casino tips that will help you improve your overall online gambling experience.